Wednesday, 15 August 2012
Data Architect Job opening
AurionPro Solutions Leading Global IT Consulting Services.
We’ve Urgent requirement with one of our client for Data Architect Job opening Location Vacaville, CA
Position Title: Data Architect
Employment Type: 6 Months Contract
Location: Vacaville, CA
The tasks for the Data Architect include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Translate client user requirements into technical architecture vision and implementation plan
· Design and develop the architecture for all data warehousing components (e.g. tool integration strategy; source system data ETL strategy, data staging, movement and aggregation; information and analytics delivery; and data quality strategy)
· Design of the data warehouse data storage strategy/technique (ODS, EDW, DM, ROLAP, MOLAP, etc.)
· Design of data warehouse sub-system (e.g. QA/QC, ETL and Query metrics)
· Oversight of tool evaluation and selection
· Hardware recommendations, sizing and configuration
· RDBMS installation, configuration and tuning
· Oversight and/or coordination of system testing phase
· Problem and issue resolution
· Mentoring and developing junior staff
· Participation in proposal development and client presentations
· Work with the Business and IT teams to complete the project analysis, scoping, and scheduling
· Attend and contribute to project meetings
· Ensure that all project documentation is produced in the standard format, that it follows internal documentation processes and is reviewed and approved prior to delivery to State Fund.
Technical Knowledge and Skills
Consultant resources shall possess most of the following technical knowledge and experience:
· A minimum of 5 years of experience architecting large scale data warehouses using Oracle
· A minimum of 5 years of relevant consulting experience preferred or 7 years of corporate IT
· Expert data modeling skills (i.e. conceptual, logical and physical model design - with both traditional 3 rd normal form as well as dimensional modeling (star, snowflake), experience with Operation Data Stores, Enterprise Data Warehouses and Data Marts
· Expert with pro's and con's of multiple warehouse architectures
· Expert RDBMS knowledge of Oracle (release 9i and 10g) including very large databases
· Expert in load design strategies and optimization techniques
· Implementation experience with ETL concepts and tools such as: DataStage, Informatica, Oracle Warehouse Builder
· Implementation experience with one or more of the following BI/Enterprise Reporting tools: Business Objects, Oracle Discoverer, Cognos, Brio, and Micro strategy
· Possess strong communication and client management skills.
· Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneously
· BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience in a relevant field
· Extensive Experience with writing Oracle Procedures, Packages, Functions to support application development
· Strong Knowledge of writing PL/SQL scripts to manipulate data and create ad-hoc reports
· Analyze and load data from different sources (flat files, other databases)
· Strong Knowledge of primary / foreign keys, indexes, constraints, views, schemas etc.
· Strong Knowledge of Query performance tuning
· The Consultant resource(s) shall possess most of the following skills:
· Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze information and identify and formulate solutions to problems.
· Provide more in-depth analysis with a high-level view of goals and end deliverables.
· Complete work within a reasonable time frame under the supervision of a manager or team lead.
· Plan and manage all aspects of the support function.
· Extensive knowledge of and proven experience with data processing systems, and methods of developing, testing and moving solutions to implementation.
· Strong knowledge in project management practices and ability to document processes and procedures as needed.
· Work collaboratively with other support team members and independently on assigned tasks and deliverables with minimum supervision
· Communicate effectively with users at all levels, from data entry technicians up to senior management, verbally and in writing.
· Self-motivated, working closely and actively communicating with team members to accomplish time critical tasks and deliverables
· Ask questions and share information gained with other support team members, recording and documenting this knowledge
· Elicit and gather user requirements and/or problem description information, and record this information accurately
· Listen carefully and act upon user requirements
· Convey and explain complex problems and solutions in an understandable language to both technical and non-technical persons
· Present technical solutions to management and decision makers
· Follow the lead of others on assigned projects as well as take the lead when deemed appropriate
· Think creatively and critically, analyzing complex problems, weighing multiple solutions, and carefully selecting solutions appropriate to the business needs, project scope, and available resources
· Take responsibility for the integrity of the solution
Sr. Talent Acquisition
e mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Fax: 732 909 2221
AurionPro Solutions, Inc.