AurionPro Solutions Leading Global IT Consulting Services.
We’ve Urgent requirement with one of our client for Datastage Architect – Job opening Location Vacaville, CA
Position title: Datastage Architect
Work Location : Vacaville, CA
Duration : 6 Months
The consultant will provide professional services to support the long term IT strategy and planning to include high level analysis, professional reports and presentations, and mentoring, support and training. The scope of duties for the Data Integration Architect - Datastage ETL lead Consultant Resource includes but is not limited to the following:
• Alignment of IT strategy and planning with company's business goals.
• Optimization of information management approaches through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities.
• Promotion of shared infrastructure and applications to reduce costs and improve information flows. Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionality or diverge from each other and business and IT strategies.
• Work with solutions architect to provide a consensus based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable and in synchronization with ever changing business needs.
• Direct or indirect involvement in the development of policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development, implementation and use of Information Technology within the enterprise.
• Build employee knowledge and skills in specific areas of expertise.
Consultant resources will perform professional software development and maintenance functions to include, but not be limited to any combination of the following:
• Review current state activities to include the review of the goals and objectives of the Information Management group within State Fund, the oversight responsibilities, and strategic involvement recommendations.
• Assist in the creation of an enterprise operational data store and analytical data warehouse
• Review of existing reporting and analytics tools for potential reduction in technology footprint
• Build Datastage ETL interfaces to aggregate, cleanse and migrate data across enterprise-wide MDM, ODS and Data Warehousing systems using staged data processing techniques, patterns and best practices.
• Implement full lifecycle management to capture and migrate various Datastage ETL metadata including data mapping and other data integration artifacts (such as schedulers, scripts, etc.) across environments including the establishment of standards, guidelines and best practices.
• Recommend and write advanced SQL and stored procedures (in DB2 and/or Oracle Database Platforms) to include designing solutions for optimal performance and handling other non-functional aspects of availability, reliability and security of Datastage ETL Platform.
• Recommend normalized and dimensional data models and other data integration techniques such as database replication, change data capture (CDC) etc. and familiarity of SOA and ESB technologies and patterns.
• Work with various application development teams to provide data integration architecture services and data modeling services
Consultant resources shall be responsible to provide the following deliverables to include, but not be limited to any combination of the following:
• Recommendation on results of the tasks.
• Recommendation on the make up of the Information Management team and specific roles and responsibilities.
• Recommendation on a multi-year plan that will enable the evolution of the current group to being fully staffed
• Assist in the creation of a Master Data Management strategy that incorporates the existing legacy application and/or phase-out applications that has minimal to no impact to production.
• Recommendation on which tools to use to implement a successful SOA strategy. Develop and publish a data integration methodology
• Training and mentoring plans to include the transition of knowledge.
Consultant shall ensure that all resources assigned to the project have the education, training and experience necessary to render the services in a competent and efficient manner.
Technical Knowledge & Experience Level
The Consultant resource(s) shall possess most of the following technical skills and experience:
• Extensive hands-on experience in building Datastage ETL interfaces to aggregate, cleanse and migrate data across enterprise-wide MDM, ODS and Data Warehousing systems using staged data processing techniques, patterns and best practices.
• Strong experience in full lifecycle management of capturing, versioning and migrating various Datastage ETL metadata including data mapping and other data integration artifacts (such as schedulers, scripts, etc.) across environments using vendor platforms such as Data Stage, or other equivalent tools (including open source) by establishing standards, guidelines and best practices.
• Combined experience of advanced SQL and stored procedures (in DB2 and/or Oracle Database Platforms) with hands-on experience of designing solutions for optimal performance and handling other non-functional aspects of availability, reliability and security of DATASTAGE ETL Platform.
• Experience with both normalized and dimensional data models, hands-on knowledge of other data integration techniques such as database replication, change data capture (CDC) etc. and familiarity of SOA and ESB technologies and patterns.
The Consultant resource(s) shall possess most of the following qualifications:
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze information identify and formulate solutions to problems.
• Provides more in-depth analysis with a high-level view of goals and end deliverables.
• Complete work within a reasonable time frame under the supervision of a manager or team lead.
• Plan and manage all aspects of the support function.
• Extensive knowledge of and proven experience with data processing systems, and methods of developing, testing and moving solutions to implementation.
• Strong knowledge in project management practices and ability to document processes and procedures as needed.
• Work collaboratively with other support team members and independently on assigned tasks and deliverables with minimum supervision
• Communicate effectively with users at all levels, from data entry technicians up to senior management, verbally and in writing.
• Self-motivated, working closely and actively communicating with person to accomplish time critical tasks and deliverables
• Ask questions and share information gained with other support team members, recording and documenting this knowledge
• Elicit and gather user requirements and/or problem description information, and record this information accurately
• Listen carefully and act upon user requirements
• Convey and explain complex problems and solutions in an understandable language to both technical and non-technical persons
• Present technical solutions to management and decision makers
• Follow the lead of others on assigned projects as well as take the lead when deemed appropriate
• Think creatively and critically, analyzing complex problems, weighing multiple solutions, and carefully selecting solutions appropriate to the business needs, project scope, and available resources
• Take responsibility for the integrity of the solution
The Consultant resource(s) shall provide the following prerequisite core competencies:
• Acts with integrity;
• Uses sound judgment;
• Commits to quality;
• Demonstrates adaptability;
• Thinks strategically;
• Ability to communicate effectively and influence others; and
• Works well both independently and as part of a team.